Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Once a month cooking?

I guess it has become very popular via the internet to cook for 3-4 days straight then freeze your food so that you only cook once a month. Pretty cool, huh? I normally cook all day Friday or Sunday so I have meals for a week. Problem? I'm a totally picky eater. I love fresh veges. Let's face facts, you freeze a vege and it becomes mush!!! So I cook the main dishes and have the side items cut up and waiting for the week. This time around I did cook meals that needed squishy veges like beef stew.

Also, little known fact, Ronnie is extremely lazy. Take the cooking for example, I don't do cook for the week to free my weeknights, I do it so I don't have to wash so many dishes. I HATE washing dishes. HATE IT!!! I know, lazy, right? No. I have had skin problems since I was little and when I wash dishes it hurts my hands. I really can't wear gloves either because of the moisture issue. So a lot of cooking on one day results in minimal dishes and ouchies during the week.

I really wish I had taken photos of this endeavor but alas I did not. So no photos of the aftermath that was my crazy weekend. I did cook more then I normally do because I had a small deep freezer full of food that needed cooking! What did I cook you ask?

-Beef Stew
-Spaghetti
-Lasagna
-Stuffed Pasta Shells
-Manwich (totally for my husband only)
-Chicken Noodle Soup
-Chicken Penne Alfredo (I will add fresh broccoli once it is rewarmed. I loves the crunchy broc broc)
-"Refried" Beans
-Carnitas
-Chicken Enchiladas (Lazy style)
-Lumpias
-Beef Pot Roast
-Breakfast Burritos


AWESOMENESS! Oh recipes would be awesome too. Well that will come little by little.

2 comments:

  1. yes the recipes will be awesome once posted cause the ronnie cooks awesome food.....plus you need to do one with the bun thingies with the stuff inside them.....yeah you know what i mean.....oh oh oh and a recipe for mac and cheese too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I'm going to post recipes throughout the month. FYI mac and cheese is super easy. Cooked macaroni, milk and velveeta.

    ReplyDelete