Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year new box!!!

My sweet sister-in-law, the Mo-Mo, gave our family some gift cards for the holidays and my Lily's birthday. She received so many toys that it seemed like a waste to buy her more so I bought her a new lunch box. (Good gravy this lady has a problem with lunch boxes. Does she collect these things?) It is, wait for it........a Lego box!!!! I got her three of them, one large box and two smaller ones from here. That is so not what I went in there for. I swear that store is a swirling vortex of inspiration! I saw so many things that I just wish I could buy. I also picked up an over the door hat organizer and an awesome trash can. Sorry I get side tracked by pretty organization pretties! Now, as I was saying, I got my Lily another lunch box!




Now what happened was, I packed the whole thing and then tried to get the lid on the smaller Lego boxes and that totally didn't happen because I packed that stuff in. (Thanks, Captain Obvious we can see that the smaller boxes are open since there is no space for the lids.) So for the first school day of the new year she got ham chunks, flower carrots, chopped apples, ranch dressing, heart shaped kiwis and the "Rainbow Brite cake," as my mommy calls it, that she had for her birthday this weekend. Pretty cool, huh? (Oh my gosh! I want to make that cake!) You know I should make a tutorial about how to make this cake. (It's like she can read my mind!!!)


So New Year's resolutions. Does anyone have any? I want to read to my kids at least 5 times a week. I get very nervous reading out loud so I don't like doing it and sometimes forget too. So reading to my kids more often is one of my goals. Next I want to use all the fabric I have. I know, big project, but since both my sewing machine and Serger are finally fixed I think it should be done. What am I going to sew? No clue yet. I don't know what I'll do since I do have a LOT of it but we'll see. Any suggestions to start me on my path? Next I want to drink more water and tea and exercise a little every day! I know most people set really high goals but I want to set mostly reasonable goals and she where I go. So in short new box, pretty cake, lots of goals!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

1 comment: