Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Chicken of Garliciness!!!

So this is my all time favorite recipe to make on those days that I am going to be busy. A stay at home mom that is busy. Phsst. I'll believe it when I see it. It is so super easy and I keep all the ingredients on hand for those occasions when I won't be in the house, busy with chores, or just plain lazy. Today I was just too busy to be in the kitchen all day so I made our chicken dish. I've made this for potlucks, other gatherings and to use the leftovers in many different dishes. So here we go:

Like most people say simplicity is the key to any great dish and this dish couldn't be simpler. You'll need

3-3 1/2 pounds of chicken (I prefer legs and thighs which you can cook longer. If I use white meat I change the cooking time to 5 hours.)
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
2 TBSP plus 1 tsp paprika
1 TBSP kosher salt
1 1/2 TBSP black ground pepper
1 large onion sliced
20-30 cloves of garlic with the skins on



1) Slice the onion and line the crock pot, like this. Now depending on the size of the onion you may need two.  For some reason lining it ensures the meat doesn't get over cooked.


2) Mix together the spices and the EVOO to make a paste. Mine was a little thin this time but it was still pretty thick. Next you need to coat the chicken in the seasoning paste. It really doesn't matter how you coat it as long as its coated. I like to layer the chicken and the paste alternately in a bag and then shake to coat, which every is your preferred method. After the chicken is coated place it in the crock pot.

3) Separate the cloves from the bulb, be very careful not to rip the skins on the cloves. I like to wash them after separating them.


  4) Now spread the garlic over the chicken, cover and set on low for 6-8 hours. Ta-dah! That's it. It truly is a very simple recipe. 



Now I served this with mashed potatoes and broccoli and cheese tonight but tomorrow I might turn the leftovers into nachos, burritos, chicken sandwiches, salad, really almost anything. I hope you'll enjoy this recipe. This is Ronnie, signing off. 








 

1 comment: