Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What the first day? Really?

Alrighty today is technically my daughter Lily’s first day of school. Kindergarten….. Oh-My-Gosh! My little girl has grown up right before my eyes and I feel as if just yesterday I was feeding her solid food for the first time. I had no idea what I should have packed nor if I should have gone all out. Well after hours of internal debate  second guessing myself and banging my head against a wall I decided not to be too creative and what I wanted to pack. I went with my Sterilite square box and a few of the smaller pieces of plastic ware that I received as a gift from my friend Megan.

Secured with a napkin is a chicken wrap with tomato, lettuce, and onion. For the vegetable sides I packed carrots, broccoli and sliced radishes. The half circle container is filled with watermelon and cantaloupe balls, grapes, and kiwis. I gave her roasted red bell pepper hummus to dip her veges and in that yellow thing (it is a bear shaped sauce container) is some ranch dressing for her wrap. As a treat I gave her two little dark chocolate truffles one being a spearmint infused truffle while the other is a pure chocolate truffle. I rarely give my children treats but the benefits of dark chocolate are so numerous how can I refuse.

I bought these delicious truffles from a local chocolate boutique called The Secret Chocolatier. For my local Charlotte dwellers these delicacies can be found at the Yorkmont farmers market as well as their shop on 2935 Providence Rd Suite 104 Charlotte, NC. For those who would like to order via online you can visit their web site. I love this family as well as their chocolates and I am so excited my little girl can enjoy them on her first day of school.

Hopefully inspiration will hit you as I continue to add more and more bentos to my blog. Speaking of inspiration my dishes from the International market didn’t turn out so well. L I have decided to do some research on basic recipes and tweak them to fit my Americanized particular tastes. Until next time my vast audience I bid you farewell!  


1 comment: