Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Inspiration

Yesterday I had to go to a wonderful, distant land full of amaze-ment, deliciousness and delight. While in this magical land I rediscovered things that I miss and remember so lovingly. Yes, I am talking about an International supermarket. Super G Mart is a combination of Eastern Indian, Hispanic, Asian and Pacific Islander groceries in one grand store. As I was wondering the aisles of yummines I was inspired to make gyoza (commonly known as pot stickers), Japanese curry, and lumpias. Here shortly I will make these savory creations and hopefully enjoy them. I will warn you, I have never made curry or gyoza but I have a rough idea of what goes into both dishes. I am very tempted to look up recipes online but I don't want to give in just yet. I would like to see if I can figure it out myself. I have "made" this dishes before, "made" as in bought some idiot-proof version and "made" it at home. Funness and cursing will ensue in Ronnie's house over the nest few days. :D

1 comment:

  1. all of those sound good ronnie. to bad i'm not there to experiment with you......i will now sit in the corner and pout........anyways at least now i can try out you recipes at home and see how much i mess up on them and wish even more that i was near you.

    ReplyDelete