Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Gifts for teachers.



So I was asked if I give gifts to my daughter's teachers. I thought it was an odd question since I thought everyone did. I have come to find out from several people and teachers I know personally that many do not give gifts of any kind to their kids' teachers. So I have put together some of the gifts I will be delivering tomorrow morning. For the most part I make baskets with school supplies, since that is what my mom and I did when I was little. I didn't take any pictures since the cellophane is already on them and it is hard to see what is inside. So for some of the administration and the other teacher aides I made coffee mugs with three chocolate covered spoons, coffee, and hot chocolate on some I have Coffee Mate. if you shop around right you can make these cups for as cheap as $2.35 but like I said you have to shop around right. As you can see in the background there are two of the baskets I made. Once again if you shop around right you can make a really nice basket for $5.00 to $6.00. So I know you are dying to know how I made those really yummy looking spoons, right? Forget it I'm not telling :D :D :D :D




Okay now I feel bad. So here is what you'll need:

1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup each white and semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp vegetable shortening
double boiler
cookie sheet
parchment paper
toppings if desired

I like to use the double boiler method. This method is when you have one pot filled with water and place a bowl or another pot on top so that the hot water will heat the second pot. Some like to nuke it but I don't like that method. If you would like to use your microwave just nuke the chocolate and shortening in a microwave safe container in 30 second intervals at 50% power. So all you do is place the chocolate on the top pot/bowl and stir until it is melted. I really do not like to turn the heat up too much because chocolate can ruin very easily. After the chocolate is smooth dip your spoons into it and place on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper now you can top with crushed peppermint, butterscotch, marshmallows, bits of caramel, anything you want really. Now let them set for 6 hours or so until the chocolate as solidified. Ta-day super easy gifts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment